How to Use Webflow for Free
With Webflow, you can create completely custom websites without writing any code. It’s marketed as a low-code/no-code service, which significantly speeds up the process of designing, developing, and maintaining an online experience. Of course, it’s possible to use code whenever necessary, and further customize sites.
The best thing about Webflow is that it’s available free of charge. Of course, many features will be limited or unavailable, but the free plan still offers you plenty of useful tools which are enough to get you started and create your first website.
If you want to learn how to use Webflow for free, keep reading this blog.
Webflow – Definition and Use
In simplest terms, Webflow is defined as a software service for building and hosting. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Ever since it was launched, Webflow has offered a couple of features that made it stand out from the competition.
- No coding needed – You can build websites with no code at all.
- Code is written automatically – Webflow writes clean code as you design and builds your website so that you can examine it any time you want, alter it, or even export it.
- Highly customizable templates – Webflow offers thousands of free and paid templates. Check out our templates designed for Webflow.
- A community of experts – You can hire professional Webflow designers and developers to help you out. Webflow’s community also includes professional teams for enterprise clients, and Flow Ninja is one of them.
Developing a website is just part of what’s available via the website. Here’s a quick overview of the main things that the popular platform can help you with.
- Building your website from scratch – You can design and develop your website with little to no code, including building interactions and taking advantage of Webflow’s CMS.
- Optimizing the website – Webflow’s editor and other tools can help you optimize your website and make it faster, better, and more SEO-friendly.
- Scaling your business – Webflow offers several hosting plans and solutions that can facilitate how well and fast your business can scale. We shouldn’t forget about the top-notch security protocols for all Webflow users.
Webflow Free vs Paid Plans
Webflow features a somewhat complex pricing system, as it offers a hosting solution in addition to standard solutions for website builders. We tackled pricing plans in detail in a separate blog post, so if you decide to use one of the paid plans, read our guide carefully.
In this section, we’ll quickly review the features you get as a free user. Here’s what you get.
- Webflow.io domain – You won’t be able to use a custom domain with the free plan. The good news is that even the most affordable paid plans allow custom domains.
- 50 CMS items – The maximum number of CMS items that you can have in the database.
- 1 GB bandwidth – The monthly amount of CDN bandwidth. Webflow will let you know once you reach the limit.
As you can see, there are strict limits for the free version. However, you can still explore the Webflow Designer with all its features, meaning you gain access to Webflow’s main website building tool completely free of charge. In addition, Webflow made its tutorials free, so you can access 100+ hours of engaging video content exploring the possibilities of the website building tool.
Please keep in mind that the Webflow free plan is not time-sensitive. Once you open an account, it’s not a Webflow free trial — you can use it as long as you want.
All in all, you can design and publish an entire website with a free plan, and that’s what matters the most — experiencing the entire process and having a chance to play around with most of what Webflow has to offer.
How to Sign Up for Webflow For Free
The signup process on Webflow is easy and straightforward if you want to become a free member. Moreover, the platform doesn’t require credit card information unless you want a paid plan.
Webflow Signup Steps
Here’s a quick overview of how to sign up as a free member.
- Load the Webflow website in your browser – Once the site is loaded, click on the blue button in the upper right corner (Get Started) to begin the registration process.
- Go through the registration process – You’ll have to provide basic information about yourself, including your email, password, and more. This is a quick process that won’t take more than a couple of minutes.
- Start building with Webflow – Once you log in, you’ll see a New site button in the middle of your dashboard. Click on it, select a template, and launch Webflow Designer.
Making the Most of Webflow’s Free Version
Once you’re there, feel free to explore available tools and find interesting videos to learn more. Check out Webflow University to watch entire courses on how to use the platform and get the most of it.
We at Flow Ninja developed a unique process for building websites, so if you’re interested in taking a deep dive into the magical world of Webflow, take a look at our guides. Alternatively, check out the YouTube channel by our founder Uros, where he shares interesting insights, tips, tricks, and tutorials.
Even though Webflow doesn’t require code, it still requires basic design knowledge, as well as various approaches to development. That’s why it’s important to receive adequate education to get the most out of your Webflow journey.
Why Choose Webflow?
Webflow made the entire website building process much more streamlined. It features an easy-to-use interface and requires virtually no code for developing sites. Even if you want to create complex visual wonders, you’ll still be able to do it with very little code.
That said, Webflow does require its users to learn, practice, and stay up-to-date with the latest tools and practices. That’s why Webflow experts, such as ourselves, offer professional Webflow development services. If you want us to design, build, or maintain your Webflow website, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Webflow free?
Yes, Webflow offers a free plan, but it’s very limited. However, it still allows you to explore all the main tools and features, and it’s a great plan for anyone getting started with Webflow.
How to export Webflow code for free?
Once you open the Designer, just find the Export button and then select Prepare ZIP. Once the ZIP file is prepared, download it to your device. That’s pretty much the whole process.
How to view and edit code in free Webflow?
Once in Designer, select the Embed option from the canvas and click the Open code editor option found in the Settings panel under HTML embed settings.