Webflow SEO tools are stand-alone tools used to help you grow your Webflow site and improve its rankings on search engines.
In this article, I will explore some of the tools that I regularly use to track and improve the performance of Flow Ninja and sites for our clients. Moreover, I will discuss how each of these tools fits within the Webflow ecosystem. Read on!
Does Webflow Have SEO?
The short answer is yes, as Webflow as a service offers a range of services related to optimizing your website for search engines and streamlining SEO operations, including content creation and upload.
Instead of discussing this in detail, I’ll point you to two of our blogs that cover Webflow SEO in detail:
Webflow alone won’t be enough to get the most from your SEO initiatives. Instead, you need to rely on external tools, which happen to be the tools that are used by millions of other websites. I will explore some of the best ones in this article.
Criteria for Selecting SEO Tools
Positive Reviews and Proven Success: Look for tools with positive feedback from the Webflow community and proven track records of helping improve SEO for other Webflow sites.
Scalability: The tool should cater to both small personal projects and larger, enterprise-level websites. This adaptability ensures that as your Webflow project grows, the tool remains effective.
- Cost-effectiveness — Considering the varying budgets of Webflow users, the tool should offer good value for money. This can be in the form of flexible pricing plans, free trials, or a rich set of free features.
- Feature set — A robust tool should cover a wide range of SEO aspects – from keyword research and on-page optimization to link building and performance tracking. The more comprehensive the features, the better it can address diverse SEO needs.
- Accuracy of data — The tool must provide accurate and up-to-date data. This includes reliable keyword analytics, competitor analysis, backlink tracking, and more, to ensure that SEO decisions are based on trustworthy information.
- Scalability — The tool should cater to both small personal projects and larger, enterprise-level websites. This adaptability ensures that as your Webflow project grows, the tool remains effective.
List of 10+ Best Webflow SEO Tools
Here’s the list of tools, along with their primary features, advantages, and disadvantages.
1. Google Search Console
Google Search Console or GSC is the primary tool you need to use if you’re optimizing for Google. It’s a window to how Google sees and ranks your website. If there’s something wrong with the site and Google cannot crawl it, GSC will notify you.
In short, it is the connection between your website and Google.
GSC features a range of options, such as the ability to submit your sitemap, remove pages from indexing, disavow backlinks, and much more.
- Clicks and impressions overview up to 16 months in the past
- Search query analysis and ranking
- Indexing status
- Mobile usability reports
- Site error notifications
- Crawling insights
- Direct insights from Google
- Helps in identifying issues
- Free to use
- Can be complex for beginners
- Data delays occasionally occur
2. Bing Webmaster Tools
Bing Webmaster Tools is for Bing what GSC is for Google. The two tools provide the same data for their respective search engines.
In other words, it provides valuable insights into how your Webflow site performs on Bing, which can differ significantly from Google.
Although Bing is less popular than Google, I highly recommend using its Webfmasters Tools and watching its performance there, as ChatGPT now currently uses Bing for real-time searches. This means there’s room for Bing to become competitive to Google in the future.
- Search query reports
- Crawl control
- Site scanning for SEO suggestions
- SEO reports
- Provides unique data not available in Google
- Offers SEO reports and tools
- Free to use
- Less data than Google
- Inteface not that user-friendly
In my opinion, SEMRush is the single most important tool you are going to use when doing SEO, regardless of the platform. It offers extensive keyword research and competitor analysis, crucial for Webflow sites to target the right audience. Moreover, SEMRush let’s you use an array of other tools related to content marketing, backlinking, site health, and more.
Of course, this power comes at a price, as the basic plan starts at $129.95, whereas the Business plan costs $499.95. To truly unlock SEMRush power, you’ll have to use the Business plan.
- Keyword research
- Site audit
- Traffic analysis
- Competitor SEO strategies
- Comprehensive features
- Great for competitive analysis
- Overwhelming for beginners
Ahrefs is similar to SEMRush, as it’s also a comprehensive SEO tool. However, SEMrush’s primary focus is on-page optimization (even though it offers backlinking analytics). On the other hand, Ahrefs does a fantastic job of providing anything related to backlinks, and is primarily used by SEO professionals who want to build a strong backlinking profile.
Like SEMRush, Ahrefs is a paid tool and it takes time to master it. The Lite plan costs $99, while Enterprise comes at $999.
- Backlink checking
- Keyword research
- Content explorer
- Site audit.
- Extensive backlink database
- Intuitive user interface
- Premium pricing
- Can be complex for new users
5. Moz Pro
Like Ahrefs and SEMrush, Moz Pro is an end-to-end tool. In my experience, it’s not as robust as these two tools, but it’s definitel more suitable for beginners. What makes it popular is its widely recognized metrics for evaluating website and page strength. Moreover, Moz offers a strong community support and extensive learning resources, making it ideal for those new to SEO.
The standard plan starts at $79, whereas the highest-paid plan costs $479.
- Site audits
- Keyword research
- Link building tools
- Page optimization insights
- Includes a wide range of tools
- Can be pricey
- Sometimes slow to update metrics
6. Screaming Frog
Screaming Frog is an essential tool for technical SEO audits, helping Webflow users to identify and fix on-site issues.
Essentially, it mimics search engine crawlers, giving youa plethora of information about your website, including potential errors that need to be fixed.
- Crawls websites to analyze and audit for SEO
- Detects broken links
- Audits redirects.
- Deep technical insights
- Downloadable software
- Interface can be intimidating
- Primarily desktop-based
Created by Flow Ninja, Data Goat is a tool bridging the gap between Webflow and Google Analytics. It’s available in Webflow Designer and can track visitors and a range of metrics, which can tell you whether your SEO initiatives are working. Moreover, tracking analytics is a great way to come up with your next SEO strategy.
- Available from Webflow Designer
- Connects Webflow with GA
- Easy access to website and individual-page analytics
- Custom reporting
- Easy to set up and use
- Free of charge
- Detailed analytics
- Only available on Webflow
AnswerThePublic is a unique and insightful tool that differs from traditional SEO tools. It functions as a search listening tool, which means it taps into the auto-suggest results of search engines like Google and Bing to present a visual representation of questions and queries people have around a specific keyword or topic.
- Keyword research tool
- Visualizes search questions
- Visualizes suggested autocomplete searches
- Helps in generating content ideas
- Easy to use
- Limited free searches
- Basic compared to other tools
Storipress is ideal for content management on Webflow, streamlining the process of content creation and SEO optimization. It’s available as a Webflow SEO app but it is not limited to Webflow alone.
- Content creation and editing
- Built-in SEO tools
- SEO guidance
- Flexibility in content creation
- Efficient workflow tools
- Relatively new on the market
FluidSEO provides additional SEO capabilities that aren’t part of the standard Webflow offer, such as automate schema creation. It streamlines creating meta descriptions, adding nofollow tags, and editing in-bulk SEO data.
- Adding Schema
- Smart descriptions
- Link manager
- Streamlines various SEO processes on Webflow
- Makes adding schema easy
- Many features are still under development
The tools listed above, ranging from comprehensive platforms like Google Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, and Moz Pro, to more specialized tools like Screaming Frog, DataGoat, and Storipress, each offer unique features that cater to different aspects of SEO.
Remember, while Webflow itself offers some SEO capabilities, leveraging these external tools can significantly amplify your SEO efforts.
If you're looking to enhance your Webflow site's SEO or need assistance in implementing these tools effectively, don't hesitate to reach out to Flow Ninja. Our team of experts specializes in Webflow SEO, among all other things Webflow, and is dedicated to helping you achieve optimal results.